Dr. Hannah Förster
Energy & Climate
- National and international climate protection
- Detailed assessment towards climate- and energy targets (for the EU and all EU Member States)
- Greenhouse gas emission projections
- Open Science, Open Data
- Visual communication of scientific content to broader audiences
- Economic analyses and modelling
- Distributional effects of energy and climate policy
- Database for climate and energy scenarios (ScenarioDB)
- Capacity building to facilitate implementation of the Effort Sharing legislation, with focus on ex-post evaluation and policy lessons learned
- Support to the Energy Union Governance process, including for the assessment of the Integrated National Energy and Climate Plans
- ETC/CME: Integrated assessment of progress towards Europe’s 2020 and long-term policy targets for climate and energy
Professional Training and Career
- Since February 2011: Senior Researcher at Institute for Applied Ecology (Öko-Institut e.V.) in the Energy and Climate Change Division
- 2008-2011: PostDoc at Potsdam-Institute for Climate Impact Research within the ci:grasp project (climate impacts: global and regional adaptation support platform).
- 2007-2008: PostDoc at Potsdam-Institute for Climate Impact Research within the EU FP6 project CIRCE
- 09/2007: Doctor in economics (Dr. rer. pol.), University of Potsdam
- 2003-2007: Researcher and PhD student at the Potsdam-Institute for Climate Impact Research.
- 12/2002: Graduate degree in economics (Dipl. Economist), University of Potsdam.
- German: mother tongue
- English: fluent
- Norwegian / Danish / Swedish: Good understanding of spoken and written content
- French: Basic knowledge