Prof. Dr. Dierk Bauknecht
Energy & Climate
- Transformation of the energy sector
- Governance of sustainability transformations
- Integration of renewable energies into the energy system: System analysis and regulation
- Sector integration
- Real-world laboratories and regulatory experiments
- Regulatory framework for renewable energies
- Grid development and grid regulation
- Market integration of renewable energies and market design
- Storage systems and flexibility within the electricity system
- Electricity market models and development of scenarios, with a focus on integrating renewable energies and ensuring the required system flexibility
- Investigation of instruments and measures to achieve additional renewable energy expansion levels required from a climate protection perspective
- Regulatory experiments for the reflexive and adaptive governance of innovation
- RES Mainstreaming: Study on the impact assessment for a new Directive mainstreaming deployment of renewable energy and ensuring that the EU meets its 2030 renewable energy target
- C/sells: The energy system of the future in the 'solar arch' of Southern Germany
- SINTEG – Smart Energy Showcases: Consortium project enera
Sauter, Raphael, Bauknecht, Dierk (2009):
In: Ivan Scrase, Gordon MacKerron (eds): Energy for the future. A new agenda, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
Professional Training & Career
Dierk Bauknecht graduated in political science at Freie Universität Berlin (Diplom-Politikwissenschaftler), and holds a Master’s degree in Science and Technology Policy from SPRU – Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex, where he specialised in energy policy and energy sector governance. He also received a PhD from the University of Sussex.
Alongside his position at Oeko-Institut he is Professor of Sustainability and Transitions Research at Universität Freiburg.