- Regulation in Grids
- Innovative power products
- Load management
- Studies on network integration of distributed generation
- Development of power market models
- Project FlexOptionen: Systematic comparison of flexibility and storage options in the German electricity system to integrate renewable energies as well as analysis of relevant frameworks, funded by the BMU
- Project eTelligence: The case study region Cuxhaven within the e-energy programme of the German Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology. The core of eTelligence is a regional electricity market place that connects power producers and consumers with shiftable electricity loads, service providers and network operators. www.etelligence.de
- Project ResForLess, for the European Commission about cooperation mechanisms between member states to reduce barriers concerning the deployment of RES. Oeko-Institute analyzes the impact of joint projects on the grid.
Professional Training and Career
Christoph Heinemann studied geography, political economy and business studies at the University of Freiburg. After graduating he worked for a research and consulting company focusing on innovative power products and smart grids. In September 2011 he joined Oeko-Institute in Freiburg.