Role of soils in climate change mitigation
Soils play a central role in climate mitigation. They are both as a carbon sink and a source of greenhouse gas emissions (GHG). This report outlines the mitigation potential for GHG emissions of climate friendly soil management options at global, EU and German level. It also discusses different types of climate-friendly soil management measures and key considerations for their implementation.
- Factsheet_Agroforestry Silvoarable
- Factsheet_Agroforestry Silvopastoral
- Factsheet_Critical Inputs
- Factsheet_Improved crop rotation
- Factsheet_Low input grassland_setaside
- Factsheet_Mixed crop-livestock systems
- Factsheet_Nitrification inhibitors
- Factsheet_precision farming
- Factsheet_Prevention of land take
- Factsheet_Reduce soil compaction
- Infographic "How to maintain and increase soil organic carbon (SOC) stocks in soils to mitigate climate change"