Sustainable Consumption and Production for Low Carbon Economy – Low Emission Public Procurement and Eco-Labelling (SCP4LCE) - Advisory Services on Eco-Labelling in Thailand and the ASEAN-region
The study contains advisory services aimed to strengthen the project Sustainable Consumption and Production for Low Carbon Economy - Low Emission Public Procurement and Eco-Labelling (SCP4LCE) commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) and implemented by GIZ in Thailand, other ASEAN-countries and China.The described services shall form an integral part of this project and will include the following tasks:
- Methodological support for the Thai partner organisations in the planned and on-going review processes of selected criteria documents of the Thai Green Label/ GPP with a particular focus on climate relevant criteria.
- Introduce up-to-date methodologies for product sustainability assessment in order to enable the Thai counterparts to develop and review eco-labelling criteria and Green Public Procurement strategies according to international standards.
- It is envisaged that the consultant provides theoretical know-how input as well as on-the-job-training with the Thai counterparts. This shall be done during physical visits to Thailand as well as via email and teleconferences.
- Provide backstopping for the project and its counterparts in the development and review of selected eco-labelling criteria (regular support via email and telephone-conference).
- Provide overall advice and guidance regarding eco-labelling philosophies, strategies, international and regional harmonisation and lessons learnt from other eco-labelling schemes and Green Public Procurement initiatives.
- Assist the project in applying Life Cycle Costing tool for selected product groups and Monitoring and Evaluation of the pilot GPP implementation.