Dr. Katja Schumacher
Deputy Head of Energy & Climate Division (Berlin)
Energy & Climate
- Strategies and instruments of energy and climate policy
- Policy evaluation
- Economic analyses and modelling
- Distributional effects of energy and climate policy
- Econometric analysis of time-series data
- Evaluation of the German national climate initiative
- Evaluation and future design of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS)
- Climate change mitigation scenarios
- Distributional implications of energy saving and efficiency measures for German households
Professional Training and Career
- October 2007 to date: Institute for Applied Ecology (Öko-Institut e.V.), Senior Scientist in the Energy and Climate Change Division.
- 2000 – 2007: German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin), Research Fellow in the Energy, Transport and Environment Department.
- 1996 – 2000: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), Berkeley, California, Senior Research Associate in the Energy Analysis Department.
- 2007 Doctor of Economics (Dr. rer. pol.), Humboldt University Berlin
- 1996 Graduate Degree in Economics (Dipl. Economist), University of Bonn
- 1995/96 Graduate exchange student in the Department of Economics at the University of California at Berkeley.
English: fluent, French: good knowledge